I’m the girl with the mind that never sleeps. Ever since I can remember, I’ve been coming up with ideas and projects or goals to tackle. I find satisfaction in choosing a goal and seeing it through to the end. It’s how I learn to grow as a person. I started writing when I was very young, making small stories and drawing pictures in each page, handing out the finished product to friends and family. Now, I find myself as a Junior at St. Ambrose University majoring in Multimedia Journalism and Strategic Communications, following my passion. With a camera, pen and paper in hand, I find myself getting lost in the stories I write for our University’s news station and newspaper.
The purpose of this blog is to showcase what I have done during my time so far at St. Ambrose. I am involved with many clubs on campus, while having the honor to lead some as well. As Vice President of Enactus (an entrepreneurial organization) and BeeMedia (a communications club), I find a happy medium between juggling tennis, a work-study job, extra-curricular activities, schoolwork, family and a social life. Here are some of the accomplishments I’ve made thus far:
- Created and implemented an equipment sharing program for children of the Davenport Community entitled, “Pack It with Rackets.” Over 300 children are projected to be impacted by the initiative so far, giving them the opportunity to have sports equipment that they couldn’t have otherwise afforded.
- Formed St. Ambrose’s first ever student-run business through Enactus club, meeting marketing goals within the first five hours of our website launch. We sold over 250 ornaments this past Christmas season, partnering with the S.A.U. Engineering club.
- An article I wrote entitled, “Ultimate St. Ambrose Bucket-list” reached the fourth most read Her Campus article out of 300+ campus chapters nationwide and in nine countries.
- Received written acclamation from a reader of our student newspaper on my article about the importance of college students voting in the election. The letter was printed in the succeeding edition that month.
- Member of the Dean’s List since 2014. Member of Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society since its start in 2015.
Please feel free to look at any of my work examples, and THANK-YOU for visiting my page!
You are welcome to contact me at: RascheGriffinE@sau.edu.